Sunday, April 5, 2015

DIY Prosthetic

   Based on the activity in class, and that I did on my own exploring limited art making, I decided to make my prosthetic hand something that would be able to hold a paint brush, and a variety of pens. Information about the activities in class/that I did on my own can be read about below on my blog! First, I measured the widest point of the brush/pen (which happened to be the same!) and then made sure the attachment on my prosthetic would be able to fit a tool that size. This was really important because it ensured you weren't just guessing!

   I also made sure to make a wrist attachment (thinking that this is for a student without a hand). Considering my own wrists are very small, I created them to be able to fit mine/someone a little smaller than myself, like a child in an art class!

  To connect these parts (the finger with the part to hold the tool, and the wrist attachment) I created little supports out of the tubing shape on TinkerCad. I copied one tube and then pasted the rest to make sure they were exactly the same and not just a little different.

Although I'm still waiting to see my design 3D printed, I am confident it will do what I intend it to!



A link to the project: https://www.tinkercad.com/things/l9XyDujNveT-super-sango



No comments:

Post a Comment