Sunday, March 8, 2015

Finalizing Videos

  After about a month of learning about videos, I finally completed 3 videos (one restricted by theme for a Videofreex exhibition in the Dorsky Museum, one as a Demo, and one Documentary short). I have posted on the blog about the Demo and Documentary, but not much about the Videofreex. I was very proud of how all the videos came out in the end, but the Videofreex was something that was really important to me. The Demo (made for a younger audience, about texture) and the Documentary short about Social Media Culture and our consumption of it can be found below.



   It was really interesting to consider how to put together both of these videos. After working on one, it gave me a lot of ideas for the next. So being able to work on more than one project was definitely really informative when learning about video editing over all.
   Okay, so, the Videofreex. The theme I chose to create my video for was Conclusions. There a lot of ways to look at something so ambiguous, but I chose to focus on the idea of a concluding life as well as a concluding thought, both of which are concepts I wanted to feel "at peace" at the end of the short 1 minute and 22 seconds.
  I wanted the story's narrative to be dictated by the letter the character in the video is writing. As the shot goes from the letter being composed, to mundane every day activities, I wanted the voice to feel as if it could be talking to anyone- an old friend or an ex lover. It does not blatantly point towards death (at least I tried to make it not) until the character leaves and drives to a cemetery. "Whether it's far away, or soon, either way, I'll see you then", the words I chose to end the video with, to me, have the meaning that you never know how short or long an individual life will go.
   I was really proud of the shots as well as the words in this video. Although it is short, I really want people to watch it and feel something, even if it is short. Putting everything together for this video was definitely easiest as I had a more concrete idea of how I wanted things to go. In comparison to the Demo and the Documentary, it was easier to decide to make a change.
  Overall, I am really proud of what I ended up making!










No comments:

Post a Comment